What is digital content and how to manage it
What is the definition of digital content?
Digital content includes any kind of digital data in general, for example, data that people share through social media platforms and websites, blogs, videos, dramas, even Google Maps data, and any data stored in an intangible digital form. digital content.
It is worth noting that the popularity of digital content has increased greatly in the past decade, according to studies, a billion websites were created in December 2014, although this number varies according to the birth of new sites and the cessation of others, with the presence of the Covid 19 virus, it has These processes increased a lot, according to a (yet unconfirmed) study. Today we may have approximately 1.73 billion websites.
Every second about 6,000 tweets are tweeted, and Google records about 40,000 searches every second, the amazing thing is that this data is only in the known web, and does not include the deep web (Dark Web) that is not covered by Google, and the web itself does not include all content Already digital!
Types of digital content
As previously mentioned, there are hundreds of forms of digital content. Practically there are 101 types that have been registered so far. All of these forms are used in content marketing. Here are the most important types of digital content:
- Written Content: One of the oldest types of digital content is written blogs, tweets, or anything written digitally.
- Video Content: This is the most popular genre on the internet, which people today prefer.
- Memes: Memes or memes are one of the most popular types of digital content among millennials today.
- Live broadcast.
- Infographics: A group of designs that express information in the form of images, used on the Internet.
- Motion Graphic: It is an animated graphic design.
- Advertising content and marketing.
- Caricatures: pictures of unreal people.
- Short videos.
- Digital games.
- Private messages.
- Personal information and posts on social media platforms.
- Pictures like Instagram or Bixby pictures.
- Electronic books and encyclopedias.
The importance of digital content
The importance of digital content lies in creating a strong online presence. Companies can market with electronic content, to increase brand awareness, and then increase sales. Searching for video clips today occupies more than 6 hours per day for ordinary users. This means that the content industry today, is one of the most important marketing factors for commercial entities, as it provides added value to the user, especially educational content, encyclopedias of Arabic knowledge, and others as well.
Builds brand reputation
Today, building a distinctive and unique brand is more important than ever.
There are hundreds of ads and pieces of content being thrown to customers every second they spend on their phones, so ensuring your brand stands out becomes paramount.
You can effectively communicate to your audience what your company is about and what it stands for by creating quality online content. However, the quality of the content does not end there.
By providing valuable content along with quality, you will increase the chances of converting your audience into customers who interact regularly with your content or website. For example, many brands are turning to Twitter to interact personally with potential customers as well as competitors.
By using social media, companies are making their brands more attractive and removing the barrier that previously separated them from their customers.
It helps people understand the complex issues around your business
The best digital content is not only educational but also easy to understand.
Most of the people who buy products or services are not experts in every category they are interested in, consumers never like to be talked down to, so people are more likely to respond to unbiased educational content that explains what your brand does, starting with beginner topics, then moving on to more topics progress.
Provides useful information
Reading useful content on the web is becoming increasingly important to customers and readers, in terms of entertainment, for example, consumers don’t want to contact a company to find out the best options. Instead, they prefer to look things up on the internet themselves.
Beginning with the emergence of the COVID-19 virus, people’s interactions and ways of thinking have completely changed, especially in the areas of education. While online education has been on the rise for some time, the pandemic has accelerated this shift.
Ease of creating a content strategy
In today’s world, websites are expected to include video content, photo content, or blog posts.
In the past, content creation consisted of writing long articles or short posts. But writing interesting and engaging content can be difficult. For large companies, digital content makes it easier to create content without spending hours on writing a single article.
And most people don’t tend to read long articles anyway. The easiest solution is to create a short, informative web that helps them learn.
Steps to managing digital content
Whether you provide content in Arabic or English, you should know that managing content is different from creating it. In fact, the right management needs study and experience to create successful content. Content management practices and processes can vary by purpose and by organization as well. Therefore, you may find differences in steps or terminology.
In general, the stages of the content management life cycle are:
- Organization: The first stage is where categories are created, classifications are designed, and plans for each classification are developed.
- Construction: Here the content is categorized into architectural categories.
- Storage: Decisions about formatting and storing content are made based on accessibility, security, and other factors depending on the needs of each organization.
- Workflow: Rules are designed to keep content moving across roles while staying consistent with organization policies.
- Editing and revision: This step involves managing multiple versions of the content and making some changes to revise it.
- Publishing: Here the content is delivered to users, these may be website visitors or may be internal employees, or users of the mobile application.
- Archiving: The last stage in which the content is deleted or moved to the archive when it becomes obsolete or when it is not certain of its importance and the usefulness of its publication.
Types of digital content management
For almost every category of digital content, there is a tool or process for managing it.
- Social media content management: Social media content management tools help create a marketing strategy with specific goals and analyze engagement. content management systems for social networks; Sprout Social, Google Analytics, and BuzzSumo.
- Web content management: In this type of content management, the focus is on creating, managing and displaying web pages. There are several web content management programs available that provide organizations with a way to manage digital information on a website without prior knowledge of web programming.
- Mobile content management: Mobile content management provides secure access to company data on mobile phones, tablets, and other mobile devices. It mainly works on storing and sharing files.
Enterprise Content Management: In this case, the system contains components that help organizations manage data effectively. An enterprise content management system is designed to achieve goals such as simplifying access, reducing overheads, as well as version control, routing, and archiving.
We are happy to answer your inquiries at any time, just contact us.