Benefits of Marketing Using Snapchat
Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and many more social media apps are created every day. And to always be able to stand out, you must be familiar with it and always choose the right one for your work.
What is the Snapchat app?
Snapchat is a universally used app that has spread among many people as a fun app. You can share your special moments with friends through it, especially through “selfies” that you can capture with funny faces and effects. But besides being communication and sharing application for photos and videos, you can use Snapchat to market your products.
Through Snapchat, you can create contact with a wide range of people. Or create awareness about your product through innovative marketing campaigns.
Why bother using Snapchat to market your business?
Snapchat has more than 400 million users a day. And more than 188 million active users per day, according to 2019 statistics.
Snapchat is one of the social networks that is growing very fast and spreading among users.
Most of the Snapchat users are in the 18-35 age group, which is the most consumed category.
Content Writers and Brand Marketers Snapchat users produce a short “story” per day that lasts only 24 hours or put together a continuous video that gets millions of views per day.
You can use all its tools to attract followers by placing music, expressions, and different lights.
Marketing Ideas via Snapchat
- Live Streaming of Events You can activate the live broadcast of your product launch event, trade show, or video showing how customers are coming to your showroom during sales or busy buying times of the year, or when a famous person is buying your products. This gives the impression of a connection between you and your followers on Snapchat because you share what is happening directly with them.
- Putting content constantly Use the story feature daily and constantly to communicate with your followers, the story lasts for 24 hours only, so you should continue to put pictures or videos, but do not overuse it. Exaggeration will make it ineffective and followers will skip it without watching. 3 times a day at a rate of once every 4 or 5 hours is considered a successful equation. It is preferable to put content that your followers do not find on another platform and attract them to follow you.
- Advertising your account on Snapchat through your other marketing networks If your account on Snapchat is recent, you can provide a link to it that invites your followers on other social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or on your website. So that people who know your company or products know that you have a Snapchat account they can follow through. You can also send the link to your followers via email.
- Make offers to your followers through Snapchat, using this method in many exhibitions and brands. It is suitable for several platforms, including Instagram and Snapchat. It is to offer a 30% discount rate, for example, to those who request a product or come to buy it through Snapchat. Or ask them to photograph themselves with your product and put the picture on their own account as a form of publicity.
Don’t be satisfied with existing ideas, always try to think outside the box and create your own ideas
- Off-product content is a smart way to connect with your followers. Post photos or content for your company’s happy events, parties, trips, birthdays. Things like this clarify the work environment and make an emotional connection with your followers that makes them feel like they know you, not just your products.
- Partnership with influential people People who are known in a field and have many followers “influencers”, or bloggers on a particular topic, you can use the relationship with them to promote your products, when they post pictures or videos about your product or give their opinion on it as advice that is an invitation to their followers to use it.
- Launch a new product Your communication with your followers is important to be updated constantly, and the launch of a new product is an element of attraction for them, you can place interesting ads that make them wait for the product, and do not forget the live broadcast of the launch event.
- Reply to your followers The basic strategy in using Snapchat is to post content constantly, but there is an additional way to keep your followers following; It is the response to them when they comment on the content or through messages. It is related to public relations in general, as 66% of followers of any product withdraw from following it or stop buying it if they feel neglected or mistreated by those in charge of it.
- Convert your followers to your website You can add a link through the “story” of your website with a teaser idea that makes them click to go to the site.
Besides all of the above important ways to use Snapchat, one of the most important things that keep your followers loyal to you is that the content you provide is interesting.
Benefits of Snapchat Marketing
Having your business on Snapchat through a business account with interactive premium content suitable for the target customer groups will contribute to achieving several goals, the most important of which are:
- Increase brand awareness by reaching more potential customers
- Presenting business products and services in an interactive and innovative way through Stories
- Increase interaction with the customer base through published content and private messages
- Launch effective paid advertising campaigns to promote products and services
- A suitable marketing channel to try new and innovative marketing ideas and solutions if the target customer group is active on Snapchat and has the ability and experience to produce distinctive content that matches the nature of the platform and the nature of your business, start today to develop a marketing strategy on Snapchat for your business.
Steps to create a business account
The first step in turning Snapchat into an effective marketing channel is to create a Business Account so that you can create and publish the right content, launch paid advertising campaigns, and follow the performance stats of your marketing and advertising campaigns. You should follow these steps to create your business account on Snapchat:
- Download the Snapchat app from the mobile app download platform for android or ios
Choose an account name that is appropriate for the brand and cannot be changed in the future.
- Register your email and official contact numbers for your business.
- Authenticate the account through email and the registered contact numbers.
- After the account is verified, you can convert it to a Business Account through Snapchat Business Center.
- Register the required business data and then verify the account through the registered email.
- Capture the official account photo by taking 1 to 5 photos of your business such as the official logo.
- Create a Snapcode for your business account. Through account settings to share with potential customers so they can follow your business account on Snapchat.
- You can now start creating and publishing the right content for your business and target customers on Snapchat. Communicating with them through private messages, and launching paid advertising campaigns.
Develop your marketing strategy on Snapchat
One of the most common mistakes in marketing on social media or e-marketing, in general, is to start without a specific strategy that takes care of all the details of marketing your business on social media, the most important of which are:
- Determining the target customer groups and the most appropriate communication sites to target them.
- Specify the desired goals of your Snapchat marketing and advertising campaigns.
Defining a content creation plan, which includes the types of content suitable for Snapchat (such as teaser shots of new products – content created by followers through interactive posts and contests – educational and educational videos about products and services – trending events that fit the nature of the business) and defines a timeline At the appropriate times to publish the content.
- Providing effective communication solutions by following up and interacting with messages and comments quickly and professionally.
- Launch paid advertising campaigns to target all potential customers and achieve marketing goals faster.
- Follow up on performance and interaction statistics on your business account, the most important of which is (number of friends and followers – number of views of the stories – the percentage of viewers of the published stories in full from beginning to end – the number of comments and messages) through the statistics of the ads manager on Snapchat.
After developing the appropriate strategy and identifying all the key points, you can immediately start the next marketing campaign for your business on Snapchat and achieve greater success through an effective strategy.
Paid advertising campaigns on social media are one of the most important types of advertising campaigns in terms of achieving desired goals quickly and at an effective cost, and more accurate targeting of potential customers through various advertising solutions.
Snapchat provides various advertising solutions through which you can reach potential customer categories based on interests, demographics such as age, gender, income, geographic location, your business history, and customer groups similar to your potential customers.
Snapchat ads provide the ability to achieve various marketing goals, the most important of which are:
- Brand awareness.
- Increase traffic to your website.
- Download and visit the official mobile app for your business App installs & traffic.
- Get more leads generation information.
- Increase engagement with your business account Engagement.
Various types of Snapchat ads:
Ads appear while browsing published content such as Stories. Which appears from 1 to 10 seconds in the form of an image, video, or GIF. The advertiser is directed to your official website or mobile app, watching a longer video outside the platform, or getting lead data through a customized and equipped Form.
Ads whose main goal is to showcase your business’s products and services while allowing you to shop and connect with your business. They are displayed while browsing the Stories published on Snapchat.
Ads that are displayed with trending content suitable for followers in the Discovery section. You can display from 3 to 20 Story to showcase your business’ new products and services or temporary offers and promote featured content.
Filters ads are viewed daily by up to 60% of Snapchat accounts. Through it, you can target potential customers when they are in specific geographic locations at specific times. Such as when customers are near your store or branch of your business, or when they appear to all potential customers no matter where they are.
You can follow the statistics of the performance of the advertising campaign through the stats of the Snapchat Ads Manager. Track how customers interact with ads with Snap Pixel, their activity on your website, and the percentage of desired conversions completed.
Snapchat latest updates
Snapchat added a new feature to its application on July 28, 2021, by adding My places
- With My Places, Snapchat users can discover over 30 million companies. record their favorite local sites, and even find informed personalized recommendations from their friends and the global Snapchat community.
- Now, quick navigation around the Snap Map not only helps Snapchatters stay in touch with the people they care about and keep up to date with global events. It now offers even more ways to help friends connect to IRL.
Request a digital marketing service with Sponsorship here to maintain your distinction.